Transgender Services & Resources
- Transgender Health and Wellness Center
- How to Change Gender on you Driver’s License
- Quick Guide for changing federal identity documents to match your gender identity https://tlcenter.app.box.com/s/uiicqyjkcoso3fteqcn6ph1iuz77y7nt
- ID Change Library https://translifeline.org/resource/id-change-library/
- Gender Affirming Surgery Referral Letter template https://fenwayhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/BH-GAS-Letter-Template-2021.pdf
- Neurodiversity and Gender-Diverse Youth https://www.lgbtqiahealtheducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Neurodiversity-and-Gender-Diverse-Youth_An-Affirming-Approach-to-Care_2020.pdf
- Engaging the family of transgender and gender-diverse children https://www.lgbtqiahealtheducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Engaging-the-Families-of-Transgender-and-Gender-Diverse-Children-9.10.21.pdf
- Trans Equality: Know your rights in healthcare https://transequality.org/know-your-rights/health-care
- Creating an inclusive environment for LGBT patients https://www.lgbtqiahealtheducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Forms-and-Policy-Brief.pdf
- Guide for collecting SO/GI data https://www.lgbtqiahealtheducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/TFIE-64_Updates2022_ReadySetGo-FINAL.pdf
- Addressing the social determinants of health for black LGBTQ People https://www.lgbtqiahealtheducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/TFIE-33_SDOHForBlackLGBTPeople_Web.pdf
CALIFORNIA Legal Services
Bay Area Legal Aid
1735 Telegraph Ave. Oakland, CA 94612
Provides low-income clients with free civil legal assistance, effective referrals, and legal representation.
California Rural Legal Assistance, Inc.
1111 I Street, Suite 310, Modesto, CA 95354
Mateo Mossey, LGBT Program Coordinator: 209.577.3811 email@example.com
CRLA provides free legal aid to eligible low-income individuals through 16 field offices in the Central Valley, Central Coast, and other agricultural regions of the state. CRLA’s LGBT legal assistance focus on immigration services, as well as legal name and gender change petitions, and employment and education discrimination cases.
Chazan Family Law, PC
225 S Lake Ave, Suite 300, Pasadena, CA 91101
Alana Chazan: 323.739.6329 firstname.lastname@example.org
Provides representation to trans/GNC clients in all areas of family law, including divorce, custody proceedings, establishment of parentage, second-parent adoptions, and name and gender changes.
East Bay Community Law Center
2921 Adeline Street Berkeley, CA 94703
Daniel Faessler: 1.855.693.7285 email@example.com
Provides low-income clients and those living with HIV with free civil legal assistance and representation. Assists clients in the followings counties: Alameda, Contra Costa Marin, Napa, Santa Clara, San Francisco, and Sonoma.
Gender Health Center
2020 29th St., Ste. 201 Sacramento, CA 95817
Ben Hudson, Executive Director: 916.455.2391 firstname.lastname@example.org
Offers counseling and advocacy services on a sliding scale. Advocacy includes help with name and gender marker changes, health insurance options, economic empowerment, and legal health clinics.
L.A. LGBT Center
1625 N. Schrader Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90028
Legal clinic provides help preparing name/gender change legal docs. Also provide legal assistance for survivors of violence, immigration issues, and discrimination.
Law Foundation of Silicon Valley
4 North Second Street, Suite 1300
San Jose, California 95113
Provides low-income clients in Santa Clara County with free civil legal assistance, effective referrals and legal representation and runs a name and gender marker change clinic.
LetsGo! Liberation Clinic at El Centro, UCLA Law School
Los Angeles, CA
Operates name and gender marker clinics with partner organizations.
Red Light Legal
1322 Webster St., Ste. 210 Oakland, CA 94612
Kristina Dolgin: 510.457.1399 Kristina@redlightlegal.org
Provides direct legal services, legal representation, community education, and effective policy advocacy to sex workers in all corners of the industry.
Transgender and Non-Binary Name and Gender-Marker Change Legal Clinic
The San Diego LGBT Community Center, 3909 Centre Street, San Diego, CA 92103
Helen Lockett: 619.606.2692 email@example.com
The clinic is held on the first Tuesday of every month, 6:30pm-8:30pm, helping individuals complete court documents to change their name and/or gender-marker. Appointments highly encouraged. Sponsored by USD School of Law, Tom Homann LGBT Bar Association, and The Center.
Transgender Law Center
1629 Telegraph Ave., Ste. 400 Oakland, CA 94612
TLC’s advocacy, programs, and litigation advance the rights of transgender people across the country by changing law, policy, and attitudes so that all people can live authentically and free from discrimination.